Saturday, February 26, 2011

Home

When the sun sets behind the mountains,

or the rain flows like water from a fountain,

home is where my heart is.



Home, a little white church.

Home, a blue bird sitting on a perch.

Home, something bigger than all.

Home, where my heart sits so tall.



The sun can rise, and light the skies,

and not touch my eyes,

But I'd stay here on this side,

because home is always on my mind.



Home, is the smiling face,

of those whose handprints I can trace.

Home, is the mending of my heart,

when my world has torn it all apart.



Home is above,

with the doves.

Flying higher than any man has seen,

that home is not my inbetween.



Here I am waiting for the true home,

here I am and I know I'm never alone.

Here, I am sitting, living my life,

here, I am waiting, for the day with no more strife.



Home, is where my heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment