Saturday, February 26, 2011

To you, from me.

Some days are still harder than others.
Some days, I still miss you.

Some days I can listen to our song over and over,
and not be affected.
Other days, it makes me want to cry.

Cry for everything that was lost.
Cry because we took a chance but it took us too far.

I understand now, that what we did, can't be undone.
I understand now, that I truly was the only one.

Some days, the tears are barricaded back by my strength.
Most days, They're barricaded back simply by me.

I never cried over you.
My heart did.
I didn't.

I think somewhere inside of it all, God was calming me.
Whispering to me that it was going to be okay.
And so, it was.
It was okay.

I think of you, and smile.
It doesn't matter that it's been a while,
since the last time YOU made me smile.

We haven't talked,
we haven't laughed,
we haven't started up that "friendship" you so desperately wanted us to have.

Yes, I'm hurt.

But I don't hurt everyday.
In fact, I don't hurt MOST days.
I only hurt sometimes.

Do you?
Do you hurt?
is THAT why we can't talk?

....or are you still running away?


All I ever wanted was for you, and I, to
Love, I guess. Learn about
Everything we possibly good...but the
Xcitement got the best of us.

I miss you.
I truly, truly, honestly do.
And a huge part of me hopes and wishes that you miss me too.
Do you??
I'll never ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment