Saturday, February 26, 2011

A note

I got a note today,
it was left by a long lost friend.
And as I tried to grab it,
it grew legs and ran.

I chased it, and I chased it,
all around the town.
I ran and ran and ran,
but could never pin it down.

As I ran, I noticed how,
my life seemed to be on screens.
Left and right, black and white.
With nothing in between.

I saw me a year from now,
graduating from high school.
I saw what I would be like,
it was like looking into a dream pool.

I saw my future husband,
and I saw our future kids.
I saw me looking back,
not regretting things I did.

I saw me in Church,
and quite often, it seemed,
I saw myself smiling,
at the fact that I'm redeemed.

I stopped to look at one picture,
the biggest one of all.
It was me, and my family,
grown so big, rather than small.

I had to catch my breath,
for I saw everything I had dreamed.
The family I had wanted,
and everyone was happy, their faces beamed.

Then, I remembered how I came,
to this picture in my mind,
and I kept on chasing that note,
until, finally, I got it in a bind.

I opened it slowly,
for I knew not what was inside.
It simply said, "You're welcome."
And the tears filled my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment