Saturday, February 26, 2011

Untitled..

Have you ever felt alone,
in a crowded room?
Ever known you were secure,
but still feared your doom?

Have you ever walked about,
at night when it's pitch black?
And thought to yourself,
what if I'm never coming back?

Have you ever looked at someone,
and thought of how much you loved them?
Then thought to yourself right after,
"I'm never going to be good enough for them."

Have you ever contemplated death?
When your world stops spinning and you're all alone?
But after that,
have you ever contemplated life?
Ever realized there's someone greater watching over you from His throne?

But maybe it's just too simple,
to have faith and to hope.
Have you ever thought that life's too simple,
to need to be ended by a rope?

I never wanted to leave you behind,
but it's time I live my own life.
I never wanted to leave your mind,
but all I was doing was causing you strife.

Have you ever thought about today,
the same way you'd think about tomorrow?
Not here yet, and maybe going away,
nothing from it for you to steal or borrow?

I've never sat alone,
and I've never cried.
I've never lost sight of the one on His thrown,
I've never wanted to die.

But that's all a lie,
can't you see?
Because we all see the sky,
and we all see the trees.

We're all one and yet another,
if you've ever known.
We're apart and yet together,
similiar, and unknown.

Have you ever felt alone,
in a crowded room?
Ever felt secure,
and still feared your doom?

No comments:

Post a Comment